If you have a basketball lover with a birthday coming and your family doesn’t yet have a Goalrilla Goal, contact us at the Basketball Goal Store for what will be the best surprise gift. If your family already enjoys the very versatile Goalrilla Basketball Goal, you can plan your child’s birthday party around the basketball goal!
Here are some cost-friendly ideas to get the party started:
- Make party invitations that look like oversized NBA game tickets. Request that all the kids attend the party wearing their favorite jersey and basketball shoes.
- For pre-game snacks, choose something with easy clean-up, such as frozen grapes and berries or soft pretzels.
- When it’s time for kids to gather for the big game, divide guests into two teams. Give some of the not-so-skilled kids a chance to shine by calling “smile fouls” on more aggressive players. This is a gentle, not-so-obvious opportunity for all players to have a chance at the free throw line.
- If you don’t have enough kids in attendance to form two teams, change the plans a bit with some fun and simple basketball game alternatives from the school playground. Most or all of your guests will be familiar with games from recess like H-O-R-S-E, Around the World and Knock-Out.
- You can adjust the height of the Goalrilla Goal for a Slam-Dunk contest kids of all ages.
- Serve cheese pizza on basketball-inspired paper plates before cutting a birthday cake decorated with a basketball court and players or your child’s favorite NBA team colors.
By the end of the party, your guests will be high-fiving the birthday boy or girl and thanking your family for a great basketball birthday experience.
-Pat of the Basketball Goal Store Blog Team